Employment Status: Permanent
Salary Grade: 22 / Php 68,415.00
Item No.: OSEC-DSWDB-SOCWO4-262-2004
Area of Assignment: DSWD FO VIII – Community Based Welfare Program
Division: Protective Services Division
Reports to: Division Chief / Assistant Regional Director for Operations
Position/s Supervised: SWO IIs, SWO Is, ND, PDOs, and AAs
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work
Experience: Three (3) years relevant experience
Training : Sixteen (16) hours relevant training
Eligibility: RA 1080 (Registered Social Worker)
Under general supervision of the Division Chief and with some latitude for the exercise of independent judgment, serves as Head of the Community Based Welfare Section of the Field Office engaged in varied work engaging from routine to very difficult work pertaining to implementation of community-based programs and services or performs difficult work requiring training and considerable experience and intimate knowledge of adoption, foster care, minors travelling abroad, supplemental feeding program and social pension program; and does other related work.
- Technical assistance and supervision to community-based Social Workers
- Technical assistance to LGUs and other partners
- Skills enhancement training and capability building activities
- Inputs to Social Case Study Reports, Parenting Capability Assessment Reports and project/activity proposals
- Work and Financial Plan
- Feedback Reports
Primary Tasks / Terms of Reference:
- Provides technical assistance and supervision to community-based SWOs II and other staff in the implementation of devolved and retained community-based programs and services for the vulnerable sectors;
- Provides technical assistance to intermediaries (LGUs, NGOs, POs), and stakeholders on social welfare and development concerns;
- Maintains linkage with LGUs, NGOs, POs and provides technical assistance in the implementation of community-based programs and services through consultations, dialogues, conferences, and meetings;
- Conducts needed skills enhancement training and capability building activities for community-based social workers and other staff in coordination with CBS;
- Prepares and submits feedback reports for managerial actions and decisions;
- Prepares and reviews plans and submits periodic reports;
- Reviews Social Case Study Reports (SCSRs), Parenting Capability Assessment Reports (PCAR), response on referrals and project/activity proposals;
- Monitors the program funds and ensures its utilization in accordance with the approved Work and Financial Plan (WFP), Annual Procurement Plan (APP) and existing guidelines;
- Prepares Division Performance Contract Review (DPCR) and ensures cascading of Key Result Areas to direct reports;
- Coordinates with partner stakeholders, NGOs, POs for other interventions needed by clients in the community;
- Acts as technical adviser of the Regional Director on matters pertaining to social welfare program implementation at the community level;
- Monitors the actions taken on referrals from the Office of the President, Central Office, other NGAs and NGOs;
- Performs Performance Management functions based on the DSPMS Cycle; and
- Performs other related tasks as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor or the Regional Director.
Those who meet the qualification requirements of the said position may apply to the OIC Regional Director, Grace Q. Subong not later than June 10, 2021. Interested parties are advised to submit the following documents:
- Application Letter;
- Updated Personal Data Sheet (PDS) with passport size ID picture with attached Work Experience Sheet;
- Transcript of Records / Diploma (photocopy only);
- Certificate of relevant trainings and seminars attended (photocopy only);
- Photocopy of certificate of eligibility/rating/license (if applicable);
- Certificate of Employment, if any, and
- Copy of duly signed Individual Performance Contract Rating (IPCR) or its equivalent with Very Satisfactory rating during the last two (2) rating periods.
The Agency values inclusivity of age, gender, civil status, disability, religion, ethnicity, social status, class and political affiliation. Thus, the vacant position is open to all qualified individuals and the selection of employees shall be made only according to the principle of merit and fitness.
For online applications, submit complete application documents at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate APPLICATION FOR SOCIAL WELFARE OFFICER IV – CBWS as the SUBJECT.
Incomplete application documents and submission beyond the deadline will not be entertained.