A pearl buried inside a tightly-shut shell is practically worthless. Government information is a pearl, meant to be shared with the public in order to maximize its inherent value.
The Transparency Seal, depicted by a pearl shining out of an open shell, is a symbol of a policy shift towards openness in access to government information. On the one hand, it hopes to inspire Filipinos in the civil service to be more open to citizen engagement; on the other, to invite the Filipino citizenry to exercise their right to participate in governance.
This initiative is envisioned as a step in the right direction towards solidifying the position of the Philippines as the Pearl of the Orient – a shining example for democratic virtue in the region.
New Guidelines on Transparency Seal: Administrative Order No. 17, Series of 2015
- Mandates and Functions, Names of Officials
- Annual Reports
- Approved Budget and Targets
- Major Programs and Projects
- Program/Projects Beneficiaries
- Status of Implementation and Program/Project Evaluation
- Pantawid Pamilya
- Sustainable Livelihood Program
- Annual Procurement Plan, Contracts Awarded, and Names of Contractors/Suppliers/Consultants
- Statement of Assets, Liabilities, Net Worth SALN
- Freedom of Information